ARKANSAS GUN LAWS
Arkansas Handgun License
- Arkansas CCW Handgun License Requirements
- Applying for a Arkansas CCW Handgun License
- Arkansas CCW Handgun License Renewals
- Arkansas CCW Handgun License Fee's
- Must be at least 21 years of age or;
- 18 years if a member of the US Armed Forces or National Guard.
- Have been a resident of Arkansas for the last 90 days.
- Have read the Arkansas concealed carry law.
- You are a US citizen or legal resident.
- You have completed an approved firearms training class.
- Have not within the last five (5) years been convicted of the offense of carrying a weapon.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
CCW Reciprocity Map
CCW license recognition
Districts & Territories
District of Columbia, New York City, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands
CHCL License Forms
Download Your Forms
PERMIT REQUIRED IN COUNTY OF RESIDENCE
Where You Can Carry
- State parks
- State and national forests
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
- Any police, sheriff or Arkansas State Police office.
- Arkansas Highway Police facility.
- Detention facility, prison or jail.
- Courthouse or courtroom.
- Any polling place.
- Meeting place of any government entity.
- Meeting place of any session of the Arkansas General Assembly or committee of the General Assembly.
- Any athletic event not related to firearms competition in which the license holder is participating.
- Any part or section of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, except a restaurant.
- Any part of section of an establishment in which alcohol is consumed on the premises, except a restaurant.
- Any school, college, community college, or university campus building or school/college event unless the event is for the purpose of participating in an authorized firearms related activity.
- Inside the passenger terminal of any airport, unless the handgun is encased for shipment by lawful transportation.
- Any church or other place of worship.
- Any place where a property owner or manager has exercised discretion to prohibit the possession of a firearm.
- Participating in a parade or demonstration for which a permit is required.
- At a private residence without having first advised the occupants that the license holder is carrying a concealed weapon and given the permission to carry the handgun.
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Details on Arkansas Gun Laws
Get in Touch
Arkansas State Police
Monday – Friday
Address 1 State Police Plaza Drive
CityLittle Rock, AR 72209
Phone (501) 618-8000
Email [email protected]