DELAWARE GUN LAWS
Delaware Reciprocity Map
delaware license recognition
Idaho – Delaware only honors the Idaho Enhanced Permit
South Dakota – Delaware only honors the South Dakota Enhanced Permit
North Dakota – Delaware only honors the North Dakota Class 1 Permit.
Delaware CCW Permits
Delaware is a “may issue” state.
The permit is valid for 3 years when first issued.
Renewals are valid for 5 years.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Complete a firearms training course.
- Have five references from the county you reside in. The references shall clearly state that the applicant is a person of full age, sobriety and good moral character, that the applicant bears a good reputation for peace and good order in the community in which the applicant resides, and that the carrying of a concealed deadly weapon by the applicant is necessary for the protection of the applicant or the applicant’s property, or both.
- Have never been convicted in Delaware or elsewhere of a felony or a crime of violence.
- If under 25 years old have never been, as a juvenile, adjudicated as delinquent for conduct which, if committed by an adult, would constitute a felony.
- Have never been convicted for the unlawful use, possession, or sale of a narcotic, dangerous drug, or central nervous system depressant or stimulant.
- You are not subject to a Protection From Abuse Order issued by a court.
- Have never been committed for a mental disorder to any hospital, mental institution, or sanitarium.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
Where You Can Carry
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
- Police stations
- School Bus
- State approved “SLOTS”
- Police stations
- Prisons and other detention facilities
- Wildlife Management Areas
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Details on Delaware Gun Laws
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm
Address 500 North King Street
CityWilmington, DE 19801
Phone (302) 255-0800