Florida Concealed Carry Application
Florida Concealed Carry Application Requirements
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old. Exemptions are given if an applicant is a service member or veteran of the US armed forces who has been honorably discharged.
- You must be a citizen of the US or legal resident alien.
- You must provide a certificate confirming you have completed a firearms training class.
- No felony convictions
- Three years have elapsed if you have received a suspended sentence, adjudication of guilt withheld, or court conditions have been fulfilled on any felony, misdemeanor crime of domestic violence or misdemeanor crime of violence.
- You have not been convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence.
- You are not under a current court order relating to domestic violence or repeat violence.
- You have not been adjudicated to be mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution
- You do not have a record of drug alcohol abuse
- You are physically capable of handling a firearm safely
- You are not a fugitive from justice
- You have not been dishonorably discharged from the armed forces
- You meet Federal requirements
The Florida concealed carry application requires a person to meet all the above conditions. If your application is rejected it is usually for any of the following reasons;
For more information on requirements to qualify for a Florida CCW permit please read the application instructions.
Select an Application Method
A Florida concealed carry application for a new license cannot be made online. The process for a new license requires the application to be made in person so that the applicant can swear and affirm they have read Chapter 790, Florida Statutes.
The online application is only used for license renewals.
What To Bring
New Florida Concealed Carry Application
When submitting a Florida concealed carry application for a new license you will need to bring the following with you;
- Picture ID, a state ID card or drivers license are acceptable.
- Copy of a certificate or training document that confirms you have completed a firearms proficiency class.
- Some form of payment
- Regional Offices - accepted payment methods are cashiers check, personal check, money order, debit cards or credit cards. Cash will not be accepted.
- Tax Collector Office - You may be charged an extra fee of $12 by the Tax collector office.
- For any name changes you will a marriage certificate, divorce documents or court documents.
- If you have been arrested and charged you will need court documents as to what the final outcome was.
- For persons born outside the US documents will be needed to confirm your citizenship status.
- If you are employed as with law enforcement, probation or corrections you will official documents confirming your employment status.
- A Florida concealed weapons permit application form is not required as you will be asked to complete an online application at the regional or tax collector office.
How To Apply in Person
- You will need to call your nearest office and make an appointment. Some tax collector offices don't require appointments.
- When you arrive at the office you will be directed by staff to a computer station to complete an online application.
- Your application will then be reviewed by staff.
- Your photo and fingerprints will then be taken by staff.
- There is no deed to complete an application before your appointment.
- Once your application is completed you will be asked by staff if you have a copy of Chapter 790 Florida Statutes and to confirm that you have read it and understand that section of the law.
Applying by Mail
New Concealed Carry License
- Download the Concealed Carry Application Instructions.
- Download the Florida Concealed Carry Application Form
- You will then need to make an appointment at the local Sheriff's Office to submit your fingerprints.
- Complete the application and mail it to;
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 6687
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6687
When Will I Recieve The License?
Common Reasons for Delays
- The application is incomplete
- Your fingerprints are illegible
- Background checks come back as inconclusive
Track Your Application
The status of concealed carry license applications can be tracked online - Online Status Check