Florida Concealed Weapons Permit Renewal
- Renewal reminders are sent out approximately 150 days prior to the CCW permits expiry date.
- If you have changed address please inform your nearest office.
- You can request another Florida concealed weapons permit renewal form be sent to you by contacting FDACS at DOLWeb@FreshFromFlorida.com or phone (850) 245-5691
- Florida concealed weapons permit renewals can be made up to 180 days after the expiration date. There is a late fee of $15.
- If the permit has been expired for more than 180 days then a new license must be applied for.
Florida Concealed Weapons Permit Renewal Instructions
Applying In Person
Things You Will Need
- Some form of picture ID. A state identification or driver license card will be accepted.
- Payment - Review prices for CCW renewal fees
- Renewal notice that was mailed to you.
- An unsigned Florida concealed carry application.
Procedure at Service Center
What happens at The Service Center
Regional Office - Your application will be reviewed by staff and then you will be photographed. The application will be processed while you are waiting.
Tax Collectors Office - Your application will be reviewed by staff and then you will be photographed. Renewal Licenses will be printed in the tax collectors office if the applicant is a Florida resident and there are no name changes. Renewal licenses will be mailed if the applicant is not a resident of Florida or is a Florida resident who has provided documentation for a name change.
Part of the process for a Florida concealed weapons permit renewal is that staff will ask you to swear and confirm that you have a copy of chapter 790, Florida Statutes and that you have read and understand the contents of that section of law. We advise you to read chapter 790 before going to the office. You will be asked this at both Regional and Tax collector offices.
When Will I Receive My License?
Regional Office - The entire process to renew your Florida concealed carry permit should take less than an hour. Your application will be processed at the office while you are waiting and should be ready in a matter of minutes.
Tax Office - The application should take less than an hour and will be processed in minutes. If you require a name change or are not a resident of Florida then your concealed carry license will be mailed to you.
Applying By Mail
- You should receive a renewal form for your Florida concealed carry permit approximately 150 days prior to the expiration date on your permit.
- Please complete the renewal form and then mail to this address;
Concealed Weapon or Firearm License Renewal
Division of Licensing
P.O. Box 6387
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6387
How Long Will It Take?
Most licenses will be received within two weeks of the Office receiving your application.
Currently employed law enforcement, correctional and probation officers will need to supply an official document confirming their employment status.