Hawaii Gun Laws
Gun laws in Hawaii operate on a county level with Hawaii using a “May Issue” policy towards issuing concealed carry permits. However, permits have only been issued to the public on only a few rare occasions. Mandatory county reporting was started in 2000 and since that date only four permits have been issued. Two were issued in Maui in 2001 and two on Kauai, one to a local judge in 2006 and another in 2013 to an active military member for 12 days. There is currently a case before the federal courts to try and force Hawaii into issuing permits however this will take years to resolve with no doubt many appeals.
Hawaii CCW Quick Facts
LICENSE ISSUED TO
Hawaii CCW Reciprocity
Hawaii Handgun Permit
- Hawaii CCW Handgun Permit Requirements
- Hawaii CCW Handgun Permit Application
- Hawaii CCW Handgun Permit Renewal
- Hawaii CCW Handgun Permit Fee's
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be a lawful resident of Hawaii
- Must be able to show reason to fear injury to your person or property.
- Able to possess a firearm under Hawaii law.
- Not have been judged to be insane or incapacitated under Hawaii law.
- Qualified to use a firearm.
134.9 Licenses to Carry