KANSAS GUN LAWS
Kansas ccw QUICK FACTS
Kansas Reciprocity Map
Kansas CCW license recognition
Districts & Territories
District of Columbia, New York City, Guam, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands
Kansas CCW Permit
Kansas is an “Unrestricted” & “shall issue” state.
Shall Issue is used for reciprocty.
Permit not required.
The permit is valid for 4 years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- You have completed an 8 hour firearms training course.
- A citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien or an eligible non-immigrant alien.
- A resident of the State of Kansas with a valid driver’s license or state-issued identification card, or residing in Kansas while serving on active duty in the military.
- A resident of the county where applying.
- You have read the Kansas Personal and Family Protection Act and are familiar with its provisions.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
PERMIT NOT REQUIRED
Where You Can Carry
- State parks
- State and national forests
- Road side rest areas
- Public grounds and parking lots/garages
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
- K-12 Schools both Public and Private Buildings if posted “No Firearms”
- Governors residence
- Any public building with a posted sign saying “No Firearms”
- Secure areas of any buildings for a correctional facility, jail facility or a law enforcement agency
- State courthouses if posted
- State racetracks if posted
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Details on Kansas Gun Laws
Kansas Attorney General
Concealed Carry Licensing Unit
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Address 120 SW 10th Ave
CityTopeka, KS 66612-1597
Phone (785) 291-3765