LOUISIANA GUN LAWS
Louisiana Handgun Permit
- Louisiana CCW Handgun Permit Requirements
- Applying for a Louisiana CCW Permit
- Louisiana CCW Handgun Permit Renewals
- Louisiana CCW Handgun Permit Fee's
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Completed a firearm training course
- Be a resident of the state of Louisiana
- You are a US citizen
- Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor in this or any other state relating to a controlled dangerous substance within the last five years.
- Not have been convicted of a crime of violence within the last five years.
- Not have been convicted of a crime of violence or any crime punishable by imprisonment for a term of one year or greater. However, a person who has been convicted of a violation of 18 U.S.C. 491(a) shall be permitted to qualify for a concealed handgun permit if fifteen or more years has elapsed.
- Not have had a permit revoked within four years prior to the most recent application.
- Not have had a permit denied within one year prior to the most recent application.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
louisiana ccw QUICK FACTS
0honor a louisiana permit
Louisiana Reciprocity Map
Louisiana CCW permit recognition
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
WITH CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT
Where You Can Carry
- State parks
- State and national forests
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
- A law enforcement office, station, or building.
- A detention facility, prison, or jail.
- A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom.
- A polling place.
- A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision.
- The state capitol building.
- Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage.
- Any church, synagogue, mosque or similar place of worship.
- A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity.
- Any establishment that sells alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises. Restaurants are OK but you can’t carry in the bar area of a restaurant.
- Any school firearm free zone (within 1000ft of a school or on a school bus).
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Details on Louisiana Gun Laws
Louisiana State Police
Concealed Handgun Permit Unit
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Address 7919 Independence Blvd.
CityBaton Rouge, LA 70806
Phone (225) 925-4867
Email [email protected]