MARYLAND GUN LAWS
Maryland CCW QUICK FACTS
Maryland Reciprocity Map
Maryland CCW permit recognition
Maryland CCW Permit
Maryland is a “may issue” state.
The permit is valid for 2 years when first issued.
Renewals are valid for 3 years.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Has not been convicted of a felony or of a crime punishable by imprisonment for more than one year.
- Has not been committed within the previous 10 years to any juvenile detention center for longer than one year.
- Is not an addict or alcoholic nor has ever been convicted of a narcotics offense.
- Has not, based on the results of investigation, exhibited a propensity for violence or instability.
- Must show good cause as to why you need a firearm
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
WITH CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT
Where You Can Carry
- Places of worship
- Bars or restaurants where alcohol is served
- Sports arenas
- Gambling facilities
- Polling places
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
- State Parks
- National Forests
- Public schools
- Demonstration at a public place or in vehicle within 1000 feet of a demonstration.
- While under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Details on Maryland Gun Laws
State Police Licensing Division
Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm
Address 1111 Reisterstown Road
CityPikesville, MD 21208
Phone (410) 653-4500