MASSACHUSETTS GUN LAWS
MASSACHUSETTS ccw QUICK FACTS
Massachusetts Reciprocity Map
Massachusetts CCW license recognition
Massachusetts CCW Permit
Massachusetts is a “may issue” state.
The permit is valid for 6 years (resident) and 1 year (non-resident).
- Must be at least 21 years old
- You must be a US citizen or legal alien.
- Completed a firearms training course.
- Have no Felony
- No Drug violations
- No Violent crimes
- No misdemeanor punishable by more than two years in prison
- You must not have any outstanding warrants
- You must not be subject to a current restraining order
- It must be more than five years since any treatment for drug or alcohol addiction.
- If you have been hospitalized for mental illness, you must submit an affidavit from a registered physician endorsing your ability to possess a firearm.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
WITH CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT
Where You Can Carry
- State parks
- State and national forests
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
- Elementary or secondary school, college or university
- Logan Airport security zone
- When using off highway vehicle such as snowmobile
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Details on Massachusetts Gun Laws
Firearms Records Bureau
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Address 200 Arlington St. Suite 2200
CityChelsea, MA 02150
Phone (617) 660-4782