MONTANA GUN LAWS
Montana CCW QUICK FACTS
Montana Reciprocity Map
Montana CCW permit recognition
Districts & Territories
New York City
Montana CCW Permit
Montana is a “shall issue” state.
The permit is valid for 4 years.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have been a Montana resident for six months
- Be a US citizen or permanent lawful resident
- Demonstrate familiarity with a firearm
- Have a valid form of photo ID issued by the state, such as a drivers license
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
WITH CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT
Where You Can Carry
- State parks
- State and national forests
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
- Any room where alcoholic beverages are sold, dispensed and consumed.
- Any building that is leased by a local school district and used for instruction or student activities.
- Portions of a building used for state or local government offices and related areas in the building that have been restricted.
- A bank, credit union, savings and loan institution, or similar institution during the institution’s normal business hours. It is not an offense under this section to carry a concealed weapon while;
- using an institution’s drive-up window, automatic teller machine, or unstaffed night depository; or
- at or near a branch office of an institution in a mall, grocery store, or other place unless the person is inside the enclosure used for the institution’s financial services or is using the institution’s financial services.
- On trains.
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Details on Montana Gun Laws
Yellowstone County Sheriff’s Office
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Address 2550 3rd Ave. North
CityBillings, Montana 59107
Phone (406) 256-2929