NEBRASKA GUN LAWS
Nebraska CCW QUICK FACTS
Nebraska Reciprocity Map
Nebraska CCW permit recognition
Districts & Territories
District of Columbia
Iowa – Nebraska will only honor the Non-professional permit
North Dakota – Nebraska will only honor the Class 1 permit.
South Dakota – Nebraska will only honor the Enhanced permit.
Nebraska CCW Permit
Nebraska is a “shall issue” state.
The permit is valid for 5 years.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Resident of Nebraska for last 180 days.
- Pass an approved firearms training course.
- Complete a vision test.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- Have never had a conviction for violation of any law relating to firearms, unlawful use of a weapon, or controlled substances in Nebraska or any other jurisdiction in the past ten (10) years.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
Off Limit Areas
Where You Can Carry
- State parks
- State and national forests
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
- Police, Sheriff, or Nebraska State Patrol station or office
- Detention facility, prison, or jail
- Courtroom or building which contains a courtroom
- Polling place during a bona fide election
- Meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or other political subdivision
- Meeting of the Legislature or a Committee of the Legislature
- Financial Institution
- Professional or semiprofessional athletic event
- Building, grounds, vehicle, or sponsored activity or athletic event of any public, private, denominational, or parochial elementary, vocational, or secondary school, a private post secondary career school, a community college, or a public or private college, junior college, or university
- Place of worship
- Hospital, emergency room, or trauma center
- Political rally or fundraiser
- Establishment having a license issued under the Nebraska Liquor Control Act that derives over one half of its total income from the sale of alcoholic liquor
- Place where the possession or carrying of a firearm is prohibited by state or federal law
- A place or premises where the person, persons, entity, or entities in control of the property or employer in control of the property has prohibited permit holders from carrying concealed handguns into or onto the place or premises
- Into or onto any other place or premises where handguns are prohibited by state law
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Details on Nebraska Gun Laws
Nebraska State Patrol
Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm
Address 1600 Highway 2
CityLincoln, NE 68502