OREGON GUN LAWS
Carry In Vehicle YES
Must Notify Officer NO
Carry In State Parks AllowedYES
No Weapons Signs Enforced NO
Open Carry Permitted YES
Carry In Liquor Establishments YES
Constitutional Carry NO
0honor an oregon permit
CCW Reciprocity Map
CCW license recognition
Oregon is a “shall issue” state.
Non-Resident permits are available.
The permit is valid for 4 years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Demonstrate competence with a handgun
- Have your principal residence in the county application is filed in.
- Have your current address on your driver’s license
- Be a citizen of the US
- Have no legal condition that would prohibit you from possessing a firearm under either Oregon or Federal law.
- Have no outstanding warrants for your arrest.
- Not be an unlawful user of, or addicted to, a controlled substance.
- Not be on any form of pre-trial release.
- Not be required to register as a sex offender in any state.
- Have been discharged from the jurisdiction of a juvenile court for more than four years if you were under their jurisdiction for committing an act which, if committed by an adult, would have constituted a felony or a misdemeanor.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
WITH CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT
Where You Can Carry
- State parks
- State and national forests
- State wild life management area’s
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
- Posted private property where the owner prohibits firearms
- Posted private businesses
- State courthouses
- Correctional facility
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Details on Oregon Gun Laws
Get in Touch
Marion County Sheriff
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Address 100 High St. NE,
Phone (503) 588-5094