RHODE ISLAND GUN LAWS
CCW Reciprocity Map
CCW license recognition
Rhode Island is a “May Issue” & “Shall Issue” state.
Non-Resident permits available if you own a residence or business in Rhode Island.
The permit is valid for 4 years.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- The applicant must have a residence or place of business within the town the application is submitted in.
- Or have a residence within the United States and permit/license to carry a handgun concealed upon his or her person issued by the authorities of any other state or subdivision of the United States.
- The applicant has a good reason to fear an injury to his or her person or property.
- The applicant has any other proper reason to be licensed.
- The applicant shall be a suitable person to be so licensed.
- A person prohibited from having a firearm by any state or Federal Law, or court order is not eligible to obtain a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
WITH CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT
Where You Can Carry
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
Details on Rhode Island Gun Laws
Get in Touch
Providence Police Department
Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Address 325 Washington St.
City Providence, RI 02903
Phone (401) 272-3121