VERMONT GUN LAWS
CCW Reciprocity Map
Driver license recognition
Three new laws where signed in April 2018. They are as follows;
Magazine restrictions - Bans the sale or possession of magazines holding more that 15 rounds for a handgun or 10 rounds for a longun.
Must be 21 - all gun sales must be completed through a licensed firearms dealer unless the transfer is to a family member. Buyers must be at least 21 years old, however, this does not apply if the person has completed a Vermont hunters course or is in the the military or law enforcement.
Confiscation - allows the police to confiscate a firearm if the person poses a threat.
NO PERMIT REQUIRED
Where You Can Carry
- State parks
- State and national forests
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
- School building or school property
- School bus
- Any state institution
- A building with controlled points of public access, metal screening devices at each point of public access, and locked compartments, accessible only to security personnel, for storage of checked firearms
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.