WEST VIRGINIA GUN LAWS
West Virginia Pistol License
- West Virginia CCW License Requirements
- West Virginia CCW License Application
- West Virginia CCW License Renewal
- West Virginia CCW License Fee's
- Must be at least 21 years old or 18 if employed in a job where carrying of firearms is required.
- Has completed a firearms training course.
- A United States citizen or legal resident.
- A resident of West Virginia and the county application is filed in.
- Is not habitually addicted to alcohol.
- Is not an unlawful user of or habitually addicted to any controlled substance.
- Has not been adjudicated to be mentally incompetent or who has been involuntarily committed to a mental institution.
- Is not subject to a domestic violence protective order.
- Federal Law – Prohibits the following persons
Carry In Vehicle YES
Must Notify Officer NO
Carry In State Parks Allowed YES
No Weapons Signs Enforced NO
Open Carry Permitted YES
Carry In Liquor Establishments YES
Constitutional Carry YES
0honor a west virginia permit
0west virginia honors
CCW Reciprocity Map
CCW license recognition
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wyoming
WITH CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT
Where You Can Carry
- State parks
- State and national forests
- Road side rest areas
- All areas of the state – except those listed below
Where You Cannot Carry
- The State Capitol Complex
- Regional jails, detention facilities or State Division of Corrections facilities
- County courthouses or any facility housing a court of this state
- A school bus or any public primary or secondary education building, structure, facility or grounds including a vocational education building, structure, facility or grounds where secondary vocational education programs are conducted or at a school-sponsored function, or in or on a private primary or secondary education building, structure or facility
- Any building or area limited by municipal code. Certain municipalities may have further handgun restrictions in municipal code. Before carrying a
weapon in a West Virginia municipality, it is recommended that you inquire as to such laws with the appropriate city attorney’s office
- Any property where firearms are prohibited by the owner, lessee or other person charged with the care, custody and control of the real property
- Wherever signs are posted indicating weapon restrictions
- Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law.
Details on West Virginia Gun Laws
Get in Touch
Mongolia County Sheriff
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Address 116 Walnut St.
CityMorgantown, WV 26505
Phone (304) 291-7260